Peer Review Process
JBA uses an online submission and review system. The submission and peer review of every article must be managed using this system and based on following Peer Review Policy.
- JBA Editorial Board is responsible for selection of papers and selection of reviewers.
- Articles must typically be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers.
- Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors, and authors are also unaware of the identity of reviewers (double blind review)
- Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- Editor will send the final decision regarding the submission to the corresponding author based on reviewer’s recommendation.
- JBA Editorial Board shall protect the confidentiality of all material submitted to the journal and all communications with reviewers.
The frequency of JBA issuance originally published 2 issues in one volume in June and December. Each issue publishes 10 articles. Until 2014, the Borneo Akcaya Journal was still using the printed version with publications containing 7 articles per issue. changes have been made in 2019 Borneo Akcaya journal migrated to OJS as one of the ways to follow the development of the scientific world
Open Access Statement
JBA is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
Article Processing Charges
Every article submitted to JBA will not have any 'Article Processing Charges'. This includes submitting, peer-reviewing, editing, publishing, maintaining and archiving, and allows immediate access to the full text versions of the articles.
The editors will run plagiarism check using Ithenticate for the submitted manuscripts. We do not process any plagiarised contents. If a manuscript has over 30% of plagiarism, we will send back the manuscript to the author to be revised for the plagiarised contents.